PUMPKIN CRANBERRY MUFFINS
Prepare the recipe as above and stir in one cup of dried cranberries after the muffin batter is blended. Scoop the muffins into the prepared tin, sprinkle the tops with Turbinado sugar and bake as instructed.
BACON, TOMATO & ASIAGO PUMPKIN MUFFINS
Prepare the recipe as above but:
- Omit the cinnamon
- Reduce the brown sugar to ½ cup
- Stir in 1 ½ cups shredded Asiago cheese, four strips of smoked bacon that have been cooked and crumbled and ¼ cup of chopped sundried tomatoes after the batter is blended. Bakes as instructed.
For mini muffins, scoop the batter into mini muffin tins (yield is about four dozen) and bake for 20 minutes instead of 30.
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE CUPCAKES
Prepare the recipe as above, allow to cool and then prepare the Espresso Buttercream to pipe on top. Sprinkle the frosted cupcakes with ground cinnamon.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3-4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1 shot espresso coffee, cooled and mixed with enough water to equal ¼ cup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
Beat the butter with 1 ½ cups of the icing sugar until blended. Add the cooled coffee and vanilla and beat in. Add an additional 1 ½ cups of icing sugar and beat until fluffy, adding additional icing sugar if needed to make “pipe-able”. Use the frosting while at room temperature.